Well, I’m in week ten of stay-at-home conditions. My state is slowly beginning to open up a bit again and my university is planning for a students-on-campus as open as possible fall semester.
I’m trying to find all the silver linings. Because it’s been a stressful last few weeks and I’m starting to feel the strain. So I’m just going to list some of the silver linings I’m finding in a world that feels full or rain and storm clouds right now.
- While it may be raining and dreary, it’s also in the 60s during the day in the third week of May, which is weird for NC.
- I get to take short breaks at work to pet my cats and hug my husband.
- I still get to hang out with my friends and chat and play games fairly frequently. They’re just different games and the chat is over the internet.
- I have a standing desk at home now.
- I have the kind of friends who send gifts of appreciation to our other friends working at grocery stores.
- There has been a lot of delicious homemade food in my house since this began.
- My local pizza place is still doing carry out orders, and the pizza freezes well for oven-baked reheating.
- I’ve been playing an MMORPG with friends and my husband, and he was so happy about it when we started he was literally skipping through the apartment.
There are many more, but those are the ones that are coming to mind at the moment. I just wanted to take some time this week to appreciate the good in all this. I hope you can find some good in it as well.
Stay safe, healthy, and well.