If you stumbled upon me through the A to Z Blog Challenge, welcome. If not, check out the challenge and all those participating at their site.
For the second day of my challenge, we have B is for Books.
As a writer, books are a big part of my life. I read books, I write books, and I share books with others. In the end, it all comes back to books.
Reading is one of the most important things I can do as a writer. It is second only to writing in the absolute must do list for learning and practicing the craft of writing. In honor of that I’d like to give you a list of some of the books and authors who have inspired me the most over the years.
These aren’t in any particular order, just a jumble of thoughts as they occur to me, but they’re definitely high up there on my list of favorites. And just for fun, we’ll go with 13 of them.
- Mary Stewart’s Arthurian Saga
- Anne McCaffrey (I especially liked the Pern, Crystal Singer, and Brain Ship series)
- Guy Gavriel Kay
- Neil Gaiman (I especially love the Sandman series)
- Terry Pratchett
- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is amazing)
- Lois Lowery
- Marion Zimmer Bradley (Avalon and Darkover series are my favorites)
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Lilian Jackson Braun’s Cat Who Series
- R.R. Tolkein
- Kate Elliot’s Crown of Stars series
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Want to know more about what I’m reading? Check me out of Goodreads.
What are some of your favorite authors and books?
*Title Photo was created from Stock Images, Not my Work